Skin blemishes and freckles are one of the main skin problems faced by many women (but also men) in countries like Greece, where sun exposure is higher. Prevention and protection of our skin are crucial for maintaining good health. But when skin blemishes and freckles appear, it is important to know our allies, who will help drastically and with the right active ingredients, to eliminate them.
What are skin blemishes or freckles?
Skin blemishes and freckles are the mildest skin damage from our exposure to the sun’s UV rays. The main reason for their appearance is the activation of melanocytes and the deposition of melanin in the skin and skin. For this reason, they are more common on dark skin.
This problem is also related to the genetic predisposition of individuals, it affects both sexes, however it is more acute in women, who are more sensitive due to hormonal changes that occur in their body during their lifetime either from natural causes or from taking birth control pills.
Also skin problems such as eczema and acne that cause inflammation in the skin, create a substrate for the appearance of pigmented spots.
How can we prevent the formation of skin blemishes and freckles?
We protect our skin and avoid the formation of skin spots, freckles and generally hyperpigmentation, following a few simple but basic rules:
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun during the hot hours of the day.
- Avoid prolonged sunbathing for many hours.
- Wear good sunscreen. Choosing the right sunscreen is an equally important process, as a product with poor quality UV filters or other ingredients can cause the same or more serious damage to our skin. We unreservedly recommend the sunscreen SUNSCREEN CREAM HELIATOR with high protection from UVA and UVB rays, which at the same time offers hydration and antioxidant protection.
- We wear our sunscreen even when we are in the shade or if the sun is hidden behind clouds.
- We do not forget that in fact no sunscreen is waterproof! For this reason we renew it often, every time we get out of the water, sweat or wipe.
But what if we already have skin blemishes or freckles?
Modern cosmetology now has in its quiver materials that can discolor skin spots and freckles, but cannot prevent their recurrence, if the skin is exposed without sun protection. The substances that help in the discoloration of freckles and spots are described briefly below and you will find the safest of them in our products:
- Vitamin C: A great and well-known vitamin with antioxidant and anti-aging action. It Reduces melanin production and inhibits tyrosinase activity. This is found in the Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, the Night Cream of the APHRODITE series, the HELIATOR sunscreen and the MESOCARE SERUM HA + C
- Stem cells of plant origin: They contain regenerating agents and contribute to the antioxidant protection, regeneration and reconstruction of the skin, restoring its brightness and uniform tone. You can find them in the Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, in the Eye Cream of the APHRODITE series and in the MESOCARE SERUM HA + C
- Peptides: A combination of active anti-aging peptides that help restore the radiance of the skin, while preventing and reducing the formation of skin blemishes and freckles. You can find them in the Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream and the Eye Cream of the APHRODITE series.
- Licorice Extract: The glycretic acid it contains inhibits the action of tyrosinase and protects the skin from excessive accumulation of melanin and the formation of spots. It is located in the Night Cream of Aphrodite series.
- Azelaic acid: It is a product of the cultivation of the fungus Pityrosporum ovale. It inhibits the action of tyrosinase (an enzyme involved in the synthesis of melanin in the skin), in overactive melanocytes.
- Fruit acids (Alpha Hydroxy Acids): They have an exfoliating effect, accelerating the rate of cell renewal. Thus, they help to remove the accumulated melanin from the surface of the skin, while facilitating the penetration of other substances. Coming soon to you, in a new product of our company!
- Retinol: Known as vitamin A, in stable form. It is an anti-aging ingredient, effective and helpful in the fight against hyperpigmentation Soon near you, in a new product of our company!
- Hexapeptide-2. A peptide with very fast action that helps to restore the radiance of the skin. You will find it in the Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, in the Eye Cream of the APHRODITE series
- Matrixyl 3000®. A patented combination of anti-aging peptides that acts preventively and helps reduce the formation of spots. You will find it in the Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, and in the Eye Cream of the APHRODITE series.